Head of Sales & Operations (based in NYC)
AMBOSS is a medical education company that has fundamentally changed the way physicians acquire their know-how. Our comprehensive study and reference tool combines cutting-edge technology with the latest medical research.
Founded in 2012 by doctors for doctors, the company’s international team consists of almost 200 physicians, scientists, and engineers. AMBOSS is headquartered in Berlin with offices in Cologne and New York, currently serving over 500,000 users in more than 180 countries.
As the team lead of the AMBOSS Sales & Operations team in the US and the most senior person in our NY office, you will play a fundamental role in our rapidly growing sales and marketing initiatives and their success.
As a smart and scrappy problem solver, you have excellent analytical skills and are able to break down complex problems, gain insights, and form recommendations. The ability to present persuasive, data-driven narratives to a variety of actors, including management, is critical for this role.
You will also be responsible for employee development within a growing team; as such, the position requires experience and a vested interest in developing strong team culture, fostering the AMBOSS spirit, and building relationships with stakeholders across the company. This position is based in New York City.
- Meet or exceed agreed-upon US sales quota goals with the local Sales team.
- Hire, lead and train a world-class sales organization and implement a team structure to effectively meet our operational needs and revenue targets.
- Execute and manage end-to-end the key components of a growing Sales team with effective processes and playbook incl. planning, lead generation, outreach, sales, account management, and upsell; building and optimizing capabilities to engage fully with our customers.
- Use data analytics and insights to make better decisions and develop successful sales strategies.
- Work with the US Market Lead to formulate and execute a local strategy for the US market in line with AMBOSS’ overall global strategy and revenue objectives.
- Work cross-functionally with teams located at other HQ to maximize cross-departmental communication and execution.
- Disseminate the AMBOSS culture, creating an environment for people to learn and grow, and inspire and motivate the regional team.
- Manage other non-Sales related admin tasks in the NY office as the most senior person on the ground.
- Proven record of developing in-region sales strategies, both tactically and strategically.
- Experience in Field Sales - preferably B2B Sales as well.
- You are an organized, process-driven strategic thinker with an understanding of planning and budgeting.
- 5+ years of experience in successfully leading a team of professionals, ideally in a startup or similar environment.
- Understanding of how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results.
- Creative thinker who values accountability and goal-setting.
- Ability to inspire and lead teams across multiple locations.
- Genuine, confident, flexible, and fun attitude.
- Passion for medicine and education - experience in these fields is a plus.
- Based in NYC or willing to relocate to NYC.
The AMBOSS prescription
- Hold your nerve cells healthy with a generous paid holiday schedule.
- Set your own biological clock: choose flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored sports membership.
- Need more Oxytocin? Join our team events every month.
- Keeps those synapses firing: profit from the learning opportunities with our seminars and crosstalks.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! At our office you have food, healthy snacks and an amazing coffee machine.
- Do you fancy joint sparing activities? We got you with our employee mobility perks.
- And in case you still need a doctor's visit, we support you with a comprehensive benefits package (medical, vision, dental)
The package for this role also includes a relocation package plus the opportunity to stay at a company-sponsored apartment in the heart of Manhattan.
We believe that it is not possible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic, is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Does that read like the place you have been looking for? Apply today we are looking forward to receiving your information.
Apply for this job