Do you love bringing out the best in people and teams? Would you like to build and enable a strong team of resourceful engineers to make experiences for our users easy and run growth experiments that allow AMBOSS to improve healthcare for billions? Then keep reading because we are looking for you as our new Engineering Manager!
Engineering Manager roles at AMBOSS span a wide variety of responsibilities of people, product, engineering, and delivery. You will enable your team to run experiments and improve the user experience at a high velocity by building smart and impactful solutions. We will rely on you to ensure that engineers grow as they achieve their mission goals, to provide leadership while influencing culture, to facilitate technical delivery, to work with your team on growth strategy, practices and execution.
Why Engineering at AMBOSS?
Engineering at AMBOSS is home to a unique team spirit built on collaboration, openness, inclusivity, and professional development. Benefitting from AMBOSS’s flexibility and collaborative work style, you will be encouraged with a strong culture of open communication and support. Diversity and inclusivity are celebrated at AMBOSS. Engineering is proud to offer an environment free from any limitations based on social categorization; everyone has an equal place at the table and space to voice our ideas!
AMBOSS is a powerful learning and clinical decision support tool striving to empower physicians across the globe to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we've used the latest in cutting-edge technology to create the most comprehensive study and reference guide on the market and revolutionized the way physicians and medical students acquire their know-how.
By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
- Build, lead and serve a high-performing growth team of engineers, designers, and analysts through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback, and hands-on career development.
- Instill a growth mindset and enable the team to deliver high-impact, high-value product changes through data-driven experimentation.
- Work closely with your team, product managers, marketing leads, and VP of Growth to have a continuous pipeline of hypotheses and ideas to work on.
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values.
What you will bring
- First and foremost experience and passion for developing people and teams.
- 2 + years of professional experience working in a people manager role and you know what it takes to grow people and make them succeed.
- Analytical, data-driven, and pragmatic mindset that fits in with a growth hacking approach and can translate this into a team.
- Experience working in a growth or metric-driven product team.
- You have led complex engineering efforts and know what it takes to deliver while encouraging a healthy, supportive and autonomous team environment.
- Willingness to travel once a month to Berlin office (traveling costs will be reimbursed) if working remotely.
The AMBOSS Prescription
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a subsidized gym membership or Fitbit.
- Take care of your mental and emotional well-being with unlimited access to our confidential Employee Assistance Program.
- Get some well-deserved rest: Enjoy 30 paid vacation days as standard, increasing with tenure every 2 years, plus an individual purpose day and a company-wide day off each year.
- Keep those synapses firing with an individual learning budget to invest in your personal development.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Our in-house chef prepares healthy, delicious menus for breakfast and lunch every day (with both carnivore and veggie options). The office is always full of fruit and snacks, and you can even take your barista skills to the next level with our amazing Italian espresso machine
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a subsidized yearly public transportation card. Or, prefer a little extra exercise? Then choose a subsidized bike instead!
- Plan for your long-term financial health with our attractive corporate pension options.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
- Need a little extra vitamin D? Enjoy a change of pace when you visit our sunny office in Cagliari, Sardinia.
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Does this sound like the place you have been looking for? Get in touch! We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Apply for this job