Do data and tech get you pumped? Applying this to improve healthcare for millions of people has always been your dream? If you answered yes to all the above, read on to find out how you can join us as a Data Engineer!
We are AMBOSS, and we are seeking a talented and motivated Data Engineer to join our Data Department team. We are building a state-of-the-art data capability and analytics platform for business and operation intelligence. We have enormous amounts of data, and we want to give meaning to it and help business users to make data driven decisions. Our platform will allow users to answer "what", "when" and "how" questions, as well as, allow them to ask, "what if". Our new team member will design, develop, maintain and support our Enterprise Data Warehouse & BI platform within AMBOSS using various data & BI tools. This position offers a unique opportunity to make a significant impact to the entire organization in developing data tools and driving data driven culture.
WHY DATA & AI AT AMBOSS?
Our vision is to enable AMBOSS to become the market leader in clinical decision support tools by leveraging data and insights that drive the business forward. Data is at the core of decision-making at AMBOSS; our colleagues want to deeply understand user behaviour across our diverse range of product functionality, editorial content, and market presence.
The Data Team is made up of a wide range of individuals with differing engineering and analytical expertise. We work collaboratively to bring our skills and insights to the unique intersection of domains within AMBOSS, including technology, editorial, and marketing. The AMBOSS data platform is used by over 150 internal stakeholders to make data-driven decisions. We want to make it as easy and efficient as possible to efficiently produce, manage, and consume high-quality data for Data Analysts and Scientists as well as our stakeholders.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Create ETL/ELT pipelines using Python, Airflow.
- Design, develop, maintain, and support our Enterprise Data Warehouse & BI platform using various data & BI tools.
- Build and maintain our event and real-time data pipelines as well as our overall data architecture using Open source technologies like Kafka, Spark etc.
- Provide timely and accurate estimates for newly proposed functionality enhancements.
- Develop, enforce, improve, and recommend enhancements to Applications around standards, methodologies, compliance, and quality assurance practices; participate in design and code walkthroughs.
- Take ownership of deployment and release process.
- Through hands-on work and mentorship, coach other data analysts to evolve our data driven approach and focus on actionable insights.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- 3+ years of practical experience in software engineering with focus on data integration, data pipelines or DWH.
- Extensive professional experience working with SQL.
- Passion for data and experience in both building and working with data architectures that handle terabytes of data and billions of events per month in real-time and batch.
- Broad understanding and deep knowledge of data technologies; ideally, expertise and real project experiences in data integration topics and at least 3 of the following areas: Python, Scala, Kafka, Airflow, BigQuery, TensorFlow, ElasticSearch, MySQL, Kubernetes, DV modeling, DWH-build, API design and implementation (Familiarity with common API’s: REST, SOAP).
- Experience working across different cloud data stacks.
- Up-to-date with the latest industry developments and the ability to drive our data stack forward.
- Beneficial to have experience with best practice standards, frameworks and methods, e.g. BPMN, BEAM, CRISP-DM.
AMBOSS is a powerful learning and clinical decision support tool striving to empower physicians across the globe to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we've used the latest in cutting-edge technology to create the most comprehensive study and reference guide on the market and revolutionized the way physicians and medical students acquire their know-how.
By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
THE AMBOSS PRESCRIPTION
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Get involved in our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keep those synapses firing: Profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, “crosstalks”, and development programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Dig into freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and wash it all down with the help of an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a yearly public transportation card OR a sponsored bike if you’re working from our office.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Apply for this job