Country Manager US
AMBOSS is a medical education company that has fundamentally changed the way physicians acquire their know-how. Our comprehensive study and reference tool combines cutting-edge technology with the latest medical research.
Founded in 2012 by doctors for doctors, the company’s international team consists of almost 200 physicians, scientists, and engineers. AMBOSS is headquartered in Berlin with offices in Cologne and New York, currently serving over 500,000 users in more than 180 countries.
As the team lead of the AMBOSS Sales Business Operations team in the US, you will play a fundamental role in our rapidly growing sales and marketing initiatives and their success.
As a smart and scrappy problem solver, you have excellent analytical skills and are able to break down complex problems, gain insights, and form recommendations. The ability to present persuasive, data-driven narratives to a variety of actors, including management, is critical for this role.
You will also be responsible for employee development within a growing team; as such, the position requires experience and a vested interest in developing strong team culture, fostering the AMBOSS spirit, and building relationships with stakeholders across the company. This position is based in New York City.
- Working with the US Market Lead to formulate local strategy for the US market in line with AMBOSS’ overall global strategy and objectives
- Ensuring the correct implementation of the business plan in the region incl. budget management - in order to reach set goals and targets
- Drive the operating processes for the region by building efficiency, removing obstacles and improving processes
- Owning the process, framework, and output of market analysis and business review
- Taking action and escalating challenges and deviances from plans and objectives when necessary
- Work cross-functionally with teams located at other HQ to maximize cross-departmental communication and execution
- Motivate and leverage a team of 10+ professionals to meet targets and excel in their roles
- Disseminate the AMBOSS culture, creating an environment for people to learn and grow / inspire and motivate regional team
- Proven record to develop in-region business opportunities, commercially and strategically
- Generalist skill-set that is equally comfortable analyzing data as well as coordinating internal events such as workshops
- You are an organized, process-driven strategic thinker with an understanding of planning and budgeting
- 3-5 years of experience in successfully leading a team of professionals, ideally in a startup or similar environment
- Understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results
- Creative thinker who values accountability and goal-setting
- Ability to inspire and lead teams across multiple locations
- Genuine, confident, flexible, and fun attitude
- Passion for medicine and education; experience in these fields is a plus
- Willingness to relocate to NYC
BenefitsThe AMBOSS prescription
- Set your own biological clock: choose flextime & home office options.
Keep the hemoglobin flowing: enjoy our fitness & wellness program with sponsored gym membership & yoga classes.
- Need more Oxytocin? Join our team bonding events every month, the game night & the language lunches.
- Keeps those synapses firing: profit from the learning opportunities with our seminars, crosstalks & coaching programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! At our office, you have freshly cooked lunch, healthy snacks, and an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- We care about the environment too: enjoy our employee mobility perks, such as a free monthly train pass or free bicycle.
We believe that it is not possible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic, is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Does that read like the place you have been looking for? Apply today we are looking forward to receiving your information.
Apply for this job