AMBOSS - a company built by doctors for doctors with the mission of improving global healthcare. After our success in Germany, we launched our international learning platform in 2017. Joining AMBOSS as Backend Developer means you will play a key role in creating a product that has the potential to improve medical care for millions of people.
At the moment we are further expanding our products and services across the healthcare industry. As Backend Developer at AMBOSS, you will get the freedom to work on a wide range of topics and the opportunity to master your skills by solving challenging tasks
- Working in an agile team with other developers and a product owner on our main product – the online educational platform for medical students.
- Assist in the migration to microservices with Python and Go
- Further expansion and maintenance of our API based on GraphQL
- Refining implementation in rounds of code review and quality assurance
- Being proactive and driving the tasks you are working on.
- Covering your code with unit/functional/end-to-end tests.
- Designing and implementing services and features in a cross-functional team.
- Monitoring during operation (using tools such as Kibana, Cloudwatch, New Relic) for analysis and optimization.
- Collaboration with our support team in escalation cases (troubleshooting or usability optimization).
AMBOSS believes in Quality and we are continuously looking for ways to further improve our backend. Are you the Backend Developer that wants to maintain an ever-expanding cloud-based product where you have the freedom to develop your ideas and make an impact in the global world of Healthcare?
We are looking for someone with:
- An confident knowledge of PHP and interest in learning other languages like Python & Go to develop applications and microservices
- Experience with modern frameworks like Symfony, Laravel, Zend, etc. We are framework agnostic
- Ability to give and receive feedback in order to achieve up to date best practices in our code
- Deep understanding of building maintainable & scalable code
- Knowledge of SQL and caching engines with understanding of importance of performance optimization
- Routine in working with development tools like Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Jira, XDebug, etc.
- Mastery over the English language, you can freely discuss your ideas in an agile work environment
Desired (but not required):
- fun with statistical analysis, testing automation, penetration testing
- experience with technologies like GraphQL, Redis, MongoDB.
We offer you all the tools needed to manage a well balanced work-life and the chance to work with flat organizational hierarchies. Our office is equipped with everything you need to feel good and have fun while having a positive impact on the world.
The AMBOSS prescription
- Set your own biological clock: choose flextime & home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: enjoy our fitness & wellness program with sponsored gym membership & yoga classes.
- Need more Oxytocin? Join our team bonding events every month, the game night & the language lunches.
- Keeps those synapses firing: profit from the learning opportunities with our seminars, crosstalks & coaching programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! At our office you have freshly cooked lunch, healthy snacks, and an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- We care about the environment too: enjoy our employee mobility perks, such as a free monthly train pass or free bicycle.
We believe that it is not possible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic, is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Does that read like the place you have been looking for? Apply today we are looking forward to receiving your information.
Apply for this job