Agile Coach - Editorial Team
As our Agile Coach you will foster teamwork, communication, and continuous improvement in our English editorial teams working on our medical education platform AMBOSS. With your help, we’ll be able to deliver improvements and new content in our product even faster and even more in line with the needs of our users: physicians and medical students all over the world. You will also support us in driving change processes in line with agile principles across the organization.
You will be part of the editorial team with close contact to other agile coaches working in teams throughout the company (mainly engineering and editorial). We have a structured approach to maturing product and editorial teams, sparring and supporting each other is the norm - we’re humble servants to the teams and very determined in our mission.
WHO WE ARE
AMBOSS is a medical education company that has fundamentally changed the way physicians acquire their know-how. Our comprehensive study and reference tool combines cutting-edge technology with the latest medical research.
Founded in 2012 by doctors for doctors, the company’s international team consists of more than 40 different nationalities, with the most diverse backgrounds. AMBOSS is headquartered in Berlin with offices in Cologne and New York, currently serving over 500,000 users in more than 180 countries.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Act as an Agile Coach in our highly motivated English editorial teams
- Guiding the teams towards improving the way they work and achieving their goals
- Supporting the team in visualizing, planning, and tracking their goals
- Facilitate meetings and provide support on backlog refinement and release plans
- Work closely with our Content Leads, Managing Editors, Editor in Chief, Product Managers and Chief Medical Officer
- Support cross-team coordination and collaboration
- Support the team in identifying and removing impediments blocking or slowing down the teams
- Help us fostering transparency and communication throughout the organization
- Contribute to building an environment where continuous improvement of the development process is in focus
- Continuously improve our collaborative working process through planned retrospectives
- Facilitate learning through workshops, meetings, and team off-sites
- Actively try to identify areas of improvement and conceptualize methods on how to be more efficient
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Multiple years of experience as Agile Coach, ideally in more than one company
- Excellent English language skills (Native English Speaker)
- Passion for the underlying principles of Agile, not only the religious application of a scheme
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills and good technical understanding
- A self-driven personality and empathic team player with great communication skills
- Extensive knowledge about and experience in utilizing different agile practices & methods and their advantages/limitations in various situations
- Deep understanding of communication, group dynamics, and coaching
- Experience with coaching and education of teams, developers, product owners, and other stakeholders
- Comfortable raising issues to improve collaboration and helping teams grow, even if it challenges our existing structures or beliefs
- Down-to-earth personality with a sense of humor
THE AMBOSS PRESCRIPTION
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flex time and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Get involved in our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keep those synapses firing: Profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, “crosstalks”, and development programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Dig into freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and wash it all down with the help of an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a yearly public transportation card OR a sponsored bike if you’re working from our office.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Does this sound like the place you have been looking for? Get in touch! We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Apply for this job