We must admit: we are looking for a Swiss-Army knife, a unicorn, the needle in the haystack. We want to find the right candidate- you?- to help us reach our ambitious goal of revolutionizing medical education worldwide. Are you passionate about medicine, writing, and teaching? Would you like to dive into communicating intellectually complex medical content? Have you completed the USMLE Step 1 and/or 2 exams? If you answered yes to all of these questions, we want to hear from you! Let’s transform how medical students and physicians acquire medical knowledge.
- Work in a team to help expand and maintain the medical content of AMBOSS
- Create new teaching material, including medical texts and/or illustrations (together with our graphic designers)
- Create practice exam questions, write detailed explanations, and integrate all of this into our learning software
- Keep our Learning Cards and practice exam questions updated by integrating user feedback and new evidence-based guidelines
- Plan and implement new features, ranging from small additions to entirely new apps or products
- Review and edit team members’ work
- Completion of USMLE Step 1 and/or 2CK, MBBS or AMC-MCQ
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Creativity and a strong work ethic
- Passion for editorial work and teaching
- Commitment for at least six months in this position
- German language skills
- Willingness to move to Berlin, Germany, or New York City
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to create a resource that can potentially affect millions of patients worldwide.
- Diverse and interesting tasks with a high degree of autonomy
- An ambitious and dynamic team with a supportive hierarchy
- Lively start-up with a trusting and friendly atmosphere
- Flexible hours
- Offices in New York, Berlin, and Cologne
- Regular team building events
- A company yoga studio in Berlin with free yoga classes twice a week
- Free membership at the Urban Sports Club (thousands of locations throughout Europe)
- Fresh and healthy breakfast and lunch options prepared daily by our own chef, an Italian espresso machine, the best Argentinian or veggie steaks straight off the grill, a terrace with panoramic views of the city, and a fully stocked fridge
- A fun-filled working environment (how often do you get that)?
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN YOUR COVER LETTER
- What is your motivation to apply for this position?
- What is your experience with AMBOSS (if any)?
- What would your ideal working schedule look like?
- Are you willing to move to one of our offices (Berlin, Cologne, New York) or are you limited geographically?
We don’t believe it’s possible to cover all types of diversity into words. But we always have and always will live with the intention
that every person, from every background and demographic, is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from,
we believe you have something to add to our mission.